Each college has an Amazon Business Account through which all Amazon purchases made for business are required to be made. Benefits of the Business account are:
- Free Two-Day Shipping on eligible orders over $49
- Free standard shipping on eligible orders over $35
- Pricing and quantity discounts on over 8 million items not available on consumer accounts (with or without Prime)
- Sales Tax Exemption on purchases
- Custom reporting for your transactions
- Access to a specialized Customer Service team
To sign up for an Amazon account at your college, contact procurement@ (your college, e.g., email@example.com)
To access the Amazon account, please always use smile.amazon.com and choose as the organization you will support your college.
Personal Use? The Amazon Business Account may only be used for business purposes to avoid violation of tax exemption regulation.
Shipping Address: Enter your departments shipping address.
Payment: At this point you need to have a College purchasing card to be able to purchase on Amazon.
Returns: are handled the same way as on consumer accounts (albeit word on the street is that the business support teams might be a bit more lenient with free returns…)
Reporting: The Amazon Business Account allows for reporting on what was purchased in the past by user. If you are an administrator, you can also run reports on purchases for your department.
Amazon Customer Service: (866) 486-2360 Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 10 p.m. EST and Saturday & Sunday 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. EST.